December 12, 2017|
The SQFI (Safe Quality Food Institute) program is a comprehensive food safety and management system certification program benchmarked by the Global Food Safety Initiative. The SQF program assists companies in reducing food safety and quality risks. SQF uses a HACCP-based approach for Food Safety and Quality standards.
Advantages of SQF include but are not limited to:
- SQF is recognized worldwide by retailers and food service providers as a credible food safety management system.
- Using the SQF certification program will assist in reducing assessment irregularities as well as reducing the need for multiple assessments.
- The SQF Program is recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and links primary production certification to food manufacturing, packaging, distribution, and retail certification.
- Administered by the Food Marketing Institute (FMI), SQF benefits from continual retailer feedback about consumer concerns. These benefits are passed on to SQF certified suppliers, keeping them a step ahead of their competitors.
- SQF is the only audit scheme to integrate a quality component as well as a food safety management system
DQS Inc. is accredited to the updated SQF Edition 8 and is able to perform the Food Safety and Quality audits. DQS also offers gap assessment services for companies to understand areas that need improvement prior to a SQF audit.
Gap Assessments to SQF benefits include:
- Early identification of missing records and documentation
- Early evaluation of the organization’s risk based approach
- Minimize and manage food safety risks
- Minimize the potential for recalls
- Evaluate the changes from Edition 7.2 to Edition 8