March 15, 2018|
Author: Subrata Guha
ISO/IEC DIS 20000-1:2017 is about to become the newest revised international standard when it comes to IT service management.
About ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a global service management system standard which describes the requirements for the service provider to improve their service management system. Aiming to provide control and efficiency to an organization and its team can run as smoothly as possible.
Why Update ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011?
With certifications and processes continually changing, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is ready for a facelift. ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 has stayed the same for over five years now, and in this digital age it is time for revisions.
About ISO/IEC DIS 20000-1:2017
ISO/IEC DIS 20000-1:2017 version provides more specific requirements for planning as a) what will be done; b) what resources will be required; c) who will be responsible; d) when it will be completed; e) how the results will be evaluated.
Specific Updates Include:
- New Sections: Organization and Its Context, Plan the Service
- New Requirements: Plan the Services, Knowledge Management, Asset Management, Demand Management, and Service Delivery
- Focuses On: Accountability, Measurements, and More Explicit Details
- New Annex SL Formatting
- Changes of documented procedures: Removing requirement for availability to plan service ability and capacity and replacing it with requirements to plan service availability and capacity
- Changes in Terminology: Service provider is now “Organization”
If you would like to learn more about ISO/IEC 20000-1:2017, contact us at DQS either by email at [email protected] or call us at 800-285-4476