FSPCA Preventative Controls Training
This 2.5-day course delivered by an FSPCA Lead Instructor uses the ONLY curriculum recognized by the FDA to satisfy requirements.
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation) is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) who has “successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls”. This course developed by the FSPCA is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA; successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual.”
The Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) is a broad-based public-private alliance of key industry, academia, and government stakeholders. The FSPCA was established in late 2011 by a grant from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to Illinois Institute of Technology’s Institute for Food Safety and Health (IIT IFSH).
The responsibilities of a PCQI include the following activities, according to section 117.180 of the Rule:
- Develop or oversee preparation of the food safety plan – 117.126(a)(2)
- Validation of the preventive controls – 117.160(b)(1)
- Review records – 117.165(a)(4)
- Reanalysis of the food safety plan – 117.170(d)
This course is taught by a lead instructor trained by the FSPCA, who has been instructed in how to teach the FDA-recognized standardized curriculum.
- Learn how to develop a Food Safety Preventive Controls plan
- Prepare for the new FSMA regulations and FDA enforcement inspections
- Engage in an interactive classroom environment
- Learn best practices and review case study examples
- Reduce, eliminate and manage Food Safety risks more effectively
- Receive official FSPCA course book and certificate of completion
Who Should Attend
- QA Directors and Managers
- QA Supervisors
- Operations Managers
- GFSI Benchmarked Standard Practitioners and Auditors
Onsite at your facility
Request a Quote
If you’d like a quote or to speak with someone about this offering, please submit the following: