Integrated Management System Audits
DQS Inc. aims to help our customers improve their business efficiency and wants to make sure the audit of their system brings minimal disruption to their everyday work. One of our offerings that help to ensure this is the integrated management system audits.
What is an IMS?
An IMS is when an organization uses one single management system to manage multiple aspects of organizational performance. An organization must have integrated documentation, including work instructions to a good level of development as appropriate. This system must also include an integrated approach to internal audits, policy and objectives, systems processes, and to improvement mechanisms, such as corrective and preventive action.
What are the benefits of an IMS?
- Streamline business processes and improve efficiency
- Potential for reduced onsite audit time and reduction in auditor travel and living expenses
- Consistent management goals and objectives
- Continually improve your business management system as a whole more easily
DQS Audit Approach:
Where integrated audits are designed and allowed by each individual standards certification scheme, DQS will assign audit teams competent across the standards. Where possible, all auditors on the team will be competent in all standards. Where not possible, DQS will assign a combination of auditors across the disciplines who will coordinate with joint opening, wrap-up and closing meetings as well as audit common elements jointly. Common examples for DQS:
- Assignment of audit team with single audit agenda where all team members are competent in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Assignment of separate audit teams at the same time with coordinated agendas where some team members are competent in ISO 13485 and other team members are competent in AS9100
While the second approach does not result in reduced audit time, our customers have provided positive feedback on the reduction in minimized disruption and reduction in internal management resources allocated to third party audit conduct.
How do I get started?
If you think your organization would qualify for an integrated audit with DQS, please contact your Customer Service Professional or submit for a quote. We would be happy to help your organization move to integrated audits.