This trend to concentrate on only “a few strategic suppliers”, places a heavy emphasis on supply chain management – a development that resulted in significantly increased demand. With an increase to more than 400 certified sites worldwide, DQS Inc. ranks among the most significant certification bodies for the aerospace industry. The offices of DQS Inc. in the USA and DQS GmbH in Germany hold strong market positions.
About the standards
Aerospace industry suppliers that compete in an environment of high-risk products, either goods or services, benefit from the AS9100 and 9120 standards. For the manufacturer (AS9100) or distributors (AS9120), these standards strategically enhance their quality management system.
What can be achieved?
- Continual improvement
- Increased error prevention
- Strengthening of reliability and process capability in an organization’s value chain
- A high degree of customer satisfaction
- Employee satisfaction
AS91xx series of standards offer a framework for comprehensive quality management systems based on ISO 9001.
In the course of neutral and independent assessments, the industry-authenticated DQS Inc. auditors focus on the identification of potential for improvement. This approach supplies significant momentum for improving productivity beyond the simple confirmation of conformance.
Benefits of certification include:
- Visible sign of the fulfillment of OEM requirements
- The organization is listed as a certified supplier in the OASIS database
- Cost savings Integration of requirements from the normative and legally regulated areas
- A transparent and logical structuring, release, and alteration of requirements, specifications, and products – by way of configuration management