IRIS is based on the internationally recognized quality management standard ISO 9001, supplemented by the specific requirements of the rolling stock industry. Companies focused on development and/or maintenance, as well as manufacturers in this business sector can achieve an IRIS certification. With this certification, they can then be registered in the UNIFE database, which is accessed by the purchasing agents at all major rail vehicle manufacturers www.iris-rail.org.
Almost a quarter of the companies certified to IRIS worldwide are customers of DQS Inc. By the same token, more than one-fifth of all UNIFE authorized auditors work for DQS Inc. – making us one of the top certification bodies in the railway vehicle industry. The high level of competence we have in the assessment of integrated management systems is a major advantage for customers, as a request for IRIS certification is often part of an assessment package that may include ISO 14001 and/or TS 16949.
- Concrete rail-specific requirements lead to process and quality improvements
- Synergies created from integrated ISO 9001 and IRIS assessments
- Internationally recognized certificate
- Guaranteed competitiveness in the rail vehicle industry
- Registered as an IRIS certified organization in the UNIFE database, which is accessed by the purchasing agents at all major rail vehicle manufacturers