The SEDEX database enables its members to manage their suppliers and reduce their risks by exchanging information on ethical performance. Improvements regarding ethically sustainable business practices are made throughout the production chain.
Companies which undergo a SEDEX audit according to the SMETA guidelines can prove to their customers that they respect the principles of ethically and socially sustainable production. On the other hand, customers can effectively manage their suppliers according to these principles, thus reducing their risk.
DQS Inc. is able to carry out SEDEX audits through DQS CFS, an official member of the SEDEX Associate Auditor Group (AAG).
BENEFITS FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION:
- Improve your company’s reputation
- Competitive advantage
- Reduction of risk
- Improvement of supplier relationships
- One audit instead of several
SEDEX MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES
Members can register as A, B or AB member in the Sedex Database
- A members: end of the supply chain, usually retailers who wish to manage their suppliers through Sedex
- B members: usually producers at the beginning of the supply chain, who are requested to share data on their ethical performance with their customers
- AB members: usually processors and distributors in the middle of the supply chain, who on the one hand obtain information from their suppliers and in turn are requested to make available information on their own ethical performance to their clients